Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shop-Vac Shenanigans!

I am convinced that I would be a millionaire if only I knew the right person to contact regarding a reality tv contract. There are times I look at what goes on around me and I think to myself - you can't make this stuff up! The kids are running wild, the house is a mess and all is utter chaos!

Oh, I know. You've heard that before. Maybe even seen it if you've popped in on a friend when she wasn't expecting you but you haven't seen anything yet, I promise . . .at least not the way we do it at our house.

Case point. The other day I walked into my family room and as usual, the shop-vac was sitting in the middle of the floor where my two and three year old grandsons were "wapuming". All good, I'm used to the noise and the dirt that remains after they've cleaned. As a matter of fact, I'm accustomed to them dumping what was already in the vacuum out onto the semi-clean floor. It's how they help Ninny clean.

But today? Today is different. I entered the room to find my shop-vac lid off and two little boys, pants down, pointed and aimed to pee in the machine! No, I'm not kidding! Yes, I did yell out! "No, No, No, No! Stop! Don't Do it!" Okay, so, the good news is . . .they stopped. Usually, when I yell, they don't.

So, it was a good day but I'm not always so fortunate. Okay, truthfully, I'm rarely so fortunate. I have five grandchildren, two of which live with me, two others who are always with me and one which I rarely see. Yep! You guessed it. She's the good one!

Sometimes the stuff they do is simply too cute. Sometimes it makes me want to run screaming into the night, pulling my hair out. Stuff happens so much that I often post on my Facebook, MySpace, etc. accounts just to share the crazy things they do but then I realized. Some things can't be explained fully in 140 characters or less - so I find myself here.

Whether it is as I hope, entertainment and support for those who share my plight or simply therapy for a stressed out Ninny, hopefully you will see or hear something that will make you chuckle or at least sigh in relief that you are not alone! Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think . . .