Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It is eleven twelve pm on August 29th, 2007. I am sitting at a friends computer so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Tomorrow, I go home. I have been here for several days. My friend and I have worked together, talked together, relaxed together, shopped together, etc. The day I left for this trip, I had lunch with a minister friend of mine - like a grown up woman - all by myself. To most of you that tidbit of information is not important, but there are of few of you out there with envy in your hearts. Oh yes, I know you're out there.

Why is it significant that I ate lunch, then traveled alone, doing grown up things? I am a grandmother. Not just any ole grandmother, but I am a grandmother with small children in the house. Though I have an eight year old of my own, I am also raising a grand daughter. Recently, I returned a grand son to his mother. Rather, the court system has. Long story, more on that later. Anyway, times are few and far between that I get to make a bathroom trip alone, much less take a trip or have a lunch date. I have been confined to my house for what seems like decades, but they opened the gate recently and I ventured outside. I like it. And guess what? The world hasn't come to an end. My family has survived and so have I. Matter of fact, I think they like me better.

Though my situation seems to getting better, there are those out there with situations that seem to have no end in sight. Are you one of those people? If you are, I would love to hear from you. Now that I may once again be able to resume my writing career, I am interested in hearing your story. Please send me a hello or email me at aksutton40@gmail.com. In the mean time - don't give up. What you are doing is worth it. It's not for the big kids anyway, right? It's for the grands - and they are definitely grand. Don't you think? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think . . .